Tuesday, July 4, 2017

More writings by James BURRELL

Lines to my brother George, after a visit to Bristol & Weston Super Mare


I feel now inclined
To write you a line
At this season when all of you meet
I cannot be there
Your pleasures to share
But each of you now, I would greet

Some good times we had
Only one that was sad
And that was at Weston, you know
When we rushed from that place
And, in our haste
I think you then hurt your poor toe (afterwards turned to an attach of Gout)

We felt very sad, to
Find you so bad,
The day we arranged to go out
But twas all for the best
We know not the rest
But shall know hereafter no doubt

I have thought, who can tell
If you had been well
Where that foot would have led you that day
Perhaps, on the Rock
Or some slippery spot
Thus prevented you were kept away

It is on record, in the word
of the Lord, "I'll not suffer thy foot to be moved"
That word was fulfil'd
Tho the flesh did rebel, but Faith, the same can approve

And again do we hear
The Psalms declare
"Thou shalt hold me by my right hand"
The hand on the right is foremost to fight
Tis only by Grace! That we stand

JB


No comments:

Post a Comment